The Nanozoomer slide scanning system provides 460nm resolution scans of complete slides. The Nanozoomer will automatically load slides, choose an area to scan, focus on the tissue sections, and scan the slide. The resulting data files are typically a proprietary file format and can be viewed with the free NDP view software.
NDP.view is required to view these images. Download and install the software before downloading the image files. NDP view runs on 32 bit and 64 bit Windows machines (Windows XP, Windows 7).
- Manufacturer: Hamamatsu
- Equipment Model:
- Location: 121C, Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology
- Contact Person: Kingsley Boateng, 217-300-1642, email@example.com
- Fees & Consumables: See fees page
For your convenience, the Nanozoomer is now capable of logging off from remote sites now. Therefore, the log book that was being used to indicate hourly usage has been removed. This means that you will now be billed based upon your computer log in and log off time frames. If you are running overnight, or long runs on the instrument you should log off as soon as it is done, so as not to incur unnecessary charges.
To access data files from this computer, please go to Run and type \\nanozoomer.igb.illinois.edu
You'll still need to login with your IGB account, you'll need to use IGB/username to login.
To login/logoff after hours, please use Remote Desktop and follow the steps below. If you are trying to connect from off campus you will have to log into the campus VPN first.
- Open Remote Desktop Connection on a windows machine
- Type in nanozoomer.igb.illinois.edu just as follows
- Enter your credentials. Username will be IGB\yournetID and password will be your IGB password.
- Finally, click on the windows button and click the logoff button as you see below.