The WITec Alpha 300 RA Ramam-AFM-SNOM system provides a state-of-art confocal Raman imaging together with AFM and SNOM capabilities in one system. The system based on a upright microscope from 10-100x objectives with VIS and NIR spectrometers 450 nm-1100 nm. It has three excitation wavelengths 488, 532 and 785nm. One can use any other microscopy system in the core facilites including Superresolution systems and overlay Raman spectroscopy images for correlative purposes. Examples are provided below.
The software help analyze the data efficiently to identify peaks and interpret.
Offline full version of the image analysis software is available in Yellowstone computer in the core facilities. Please fill up the training request form for access here.
Correlative Superresolution Microscopy and Raman Spectroscopy of Human Kidney Stones
Correlative High-Resolution Widefield Brightfield Microscopy and Raman Spectroscopy of Human Kidney Stones
The below image composite shows individual color coded Confocal Images of Raman components and corresponding spectra and the merged components overlaid on a high resolution color brightfield images at different magnifications.
Correlative Raman and Atomic Force Microscopy
Contact and AC Modes
Correlative Raman and Scanning Near-Field Optical Microscopy
Super-resolution microscopy down to 60 nm can be achieved with the WITec scanning near-field optical microscope (SNOM) alpha300 S. SNOM, as compared to other optical super-resolution techniques such as STED or STORM is not dependent on fluorescent tags or specialized laser excitation sources. The operation of the system is straightforward as various measurement procedures such as a high-speed automatic cantilever approach and adjustment can be controlled through the intuitive software.
With TrueSurface module Raman spectroscopy on rough, inclined, irregularly shaped and curvy samples are possible as it keeps focus on those contoured surfaces. It uses an advanced optical profilometer integrated with the system provides simultaneous acquisition of topographic and chemical/molecular information.
Brochure and Manuals (pdfs)
- Raman Protocols and Procedures
- Raman Auto and Manual
- Confocal Protocol
- AFM Contact Mode Protocol
- SNOM Contact Mode Protocol
- Free WITec Offline Software Download link-Please fill out the form at the end of this link to receive a download instructions.
- Manufacturer: WITec Scientific Instrument and Technology GmbH, Germany
- Equipment model: WITEC Alpha 300 RS
- Location: Room 124 D, Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology
- Contact Person for Correlative and Confocal Raman: Mayandi Sivaguru, (217) 333-1214, email@example.com
- Contact Person for AFM and SNOM: Xudong Guan, (217)-244-2114, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Request: https://www.igb.illinois.edu/corefacilities/training-request
- Fees: See Fees Page