Confocal - Zeiss LSM 710 - Multiphoton Microscope
This confocal is on an inverted fully motorized Zeiss Axio Observer Z1 microscope. This microscope has 34 multi-channel QUASAR detector for spectral imaging. Modules for 3D/volumetric imaging, tiled images, z-stacks, and time-lapse imaging are available. Two-photon fluorescence excitation (2PE) and Second Harmonic Generation (SHG) modalities are available. Fluorescent life-time imaging (FLIM) from ISS is also available on this system.
- Light source: Halogen lamp for bright-field microscopy, mercury lamp (X-Cite series 120 PC) for direct visualization of fluorescent specimens through the eyepiece
- Fluorescence Filters cube for eyepiece viewing: FITC (green), DsRed.
- Filters for multiphoton: BS-MP 690, and BS-MP760
- Laser Lines: Diode 405 nm, Argon (458, 488, 514 nm), DPSS 561 nm, HeNe 594 nm, HeNe 633 nm, and a Ti-Sapphire Laser (Spectra Physics Mai Tai) 690-1040 nm
- Objectives: 10x/0.3 Dry, 20x/0.8 Dry, 40x/1.2 Water, 63x/1.4 Oil
- Detectors: 2 PMTs for fluorescence (ch1, ch2), 1 GaAs (chs1), 1 transmitted-light PMT detector (T-PMT), 2-non-descanned (NDD) detectors
- Acquisition software: Zen Black (Zen 2.3)
Equipment Model: Zeiss LSM 710 NLO
Location: 121E, Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology
Contact Person: Austin Cyphersmith, 217-244-9654, email@example.com
Fees & Consumables: https://www.igb.illinois.edu/corefacilities/fees
LSM 710 Basic Operation: https://www-app.igb.illinois.edu/core-docs/books/igb-core-training/page/lsm-710-basic-operation
FLIM Information: https://iss.com/microscopy/components/FastFLIM.html