The LSM 880 is a three-channel (1GAsP 2PMT) NLO ready spectral confocal system with Airyscan. This system is suitable for high resolution confocal imaging (170nm advertised, measured at 130nm at delivery) and is superior to the SR-SIM for samples with very large amounts of out-of-focus light such as pollen. For thin samples, the SR-SIM produces higher resolution images.
The microscopy has the following features:
- Six visible excitation lines: 405nm, 458nm, 488nm, 514nm, 561nm, 633nm.
- Twin gate beam splitter and spectral recycling loop for increased sensitivity.
- Up to 6D acquisition (XYZTλP), XZ, YZ and Mosaics with simultaneous and sequential scan.
- ZEN 2012 software for hardware.
- 3D datasets can be rendered with Imaris and Analyze.
Equipment Model: Zeiss LSM 880
Location: 121A, Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology
Fees & Consumables: See fees page.