To report work-related incidents:
- Immediately report accident/incident to your supervisor
- Promptly seek medical care as needed
- Thoroughly complete and sign the First Report of Injury/Illness
- Send a copy of the report to claims management and the IGB safety office.
- Contact Your Supervisor
An employee who is injured on the job must inform the employer promptly. Any delay in notifying the employer can delay the payment of benefits. A delay of more than 45 days may result in the loss of all benefits. Notice to a fellow worker who is not a supervisor or otherwise a part of management is not considered notice to the employer.
- Medical Care
Promptly seek medical care as needed:
- For emergencies call 911 for an ambulance
- For students, (non emergencies) use McKinley Health center. http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/
- For employees, (non emergencies) use any of the health care providers on the following link. https://www.treasury.uillinois.edu/risk_management/workers_compensation/
- Complete First Report of Injury/Illness
An employee must thoroughly complete and sign the First Report of Injury/Illness form within 24 hours and fax to (217-244-5152) or email to (WorkComp@uillinois.edu) the Office of Workers’ Compensation and Claims Management. View instructions at this link, or use the link to the form found below:
Send a copy of the report
An employee or student at IGB must also send a copy of the first report of injury/illness to the IGB safety office. You can fax it to 217- 244-4867 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also drop a copy off at the IGB administration building, Room 1630