Christmas & New Year’s Day Holiday
December 24-January 1
- The IGB building will be closed, which includes administrative offices, purchasing, shipping and receiving, and Array Cafe. Full services will resume on Wednesday, January 2.
- All exterior doors will be locked, and all card access doors require entry with a valid IGB prox card.
- Check your i-Card expiration date
Access is automatically deactivated if your i-Card expires on or before December 31, 2018. You must renew your i-Card at the i-Card Center prior to December 20, 2018.
- Do not place orders for packages that may be scheduled for delivery December 24-January 1. No packages or mail will be received or sent during this time by IGB Shipping and Receiving.Questions related to shipping, receiving, or email should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions related to purchasing should be directed to the IGB Business Office at email@example.com.
- Turn off all lights when you leave your area.
- If you notice any urgent building issues (water leaks, CT room temperature problems, etc.) please call the Public Safety Dispatch Office at 217-333-0340 for off-hours assistance.
During holiday break, emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will not be immediately addressed.
- "No parking" and permit only parking areas are still enforced. IGB bagged meters on Mathews and IGB dock parking spaces are available by permit only. Ticketing/towing may occur at vehicle owner's expense if parked in non-assigned space without permit.
- Security Reminders
- Take extra care when entering the IGB both via the exterior doors during off-hours and doors leading into secured spaces within the IGB.
- Do not let unknown people into the IGB or secured spaces.
- Anyone needing access should be directed to IGB Operations and Facilities for prox card or key access permissions during regular business hours.
- Be aware of people loitering around doors and grabbing the door before closing behind you to gain access.
- Absolutely NO doors should be propped open to compromise IGB security.
- Be observant of your surroundings and immediately report any suspicious behavior by calling 9-911 from a campus phone.
- Be aware of the potential for ice forming on streets, sidewalks, parking lots, and the IGB plaza.
- Using customary winter caution is the most important means of protection. Frequently or continuously look at the walkway in front of you, especially if you suspect there could be slick spots.
- To report persistent areas of ice accumulation, contact the Service Office at 217-333-0340.
The University of Illinois Public Safety website has helpful information regarding personal safety, as well as other topics of interest.