On June 3 the IGB will begin a limited re-opening. Modifications have been made to the building, and adjustments must be made to daily routines. These will be in place for the conceivable future and will evolve as new knowledge and best practices come to light. These new measures are designed for the sake of protecting the health of the entire IGB community. Among the most crucial to follow are:
- Face coverings are required for anyone entering or operating in the building. They may be removed only when in a private office with the door closed.
- The IGB building will not be open to the public, and all outside and theme doors will be locked requiring card access. IGB building hours will be 7am-11pm, Monday through Saturday, closed on Sunday for additional cleaning.
- Card access to the building is extremely important and therefore no doors may be propped open at any time, each individual must use their card to access any door (do not hold doors open for others)
- All individuals must complete the COVID-19 Safety Training which can be taken online at https://www.drs.illinois.edu/Page/COVID19CampusSafety.
- New directional and informational signage has been installed, please follow all directions completely. This includes floor signage as well.
- In addition to an institute-level plan, each research theme has developed their own plan to address their specific needs. Please refer to your theme’s plan with any questions pertaining to lab hours, research work, and safety measures.
- The Core Facilities will be operating and have developed and implemented a specific plan.
- If at any point you are not feeling well, please stay home.
IGB members must take care of each other by following each and every one of these guidelines, and we expect that everyone will do so without exception. As we move through the phases of returning to labs and offices, please keep your safety and the safety of those around you paramount. Your actions can have direct effects on the well-being of others in the IGB. If at any point you have concerns, suggestions, or issues you can submit them anonymously via our online form at https://www.igb.illinois.edu/webform/covid_19_issue_reporting.