For short-term mental health concerns or emergencies, please reach out to the Counseling Center (217-333-3704).
- Limited to several sessions
- More permanent solutions like group therapy exist here
For longer-term mental health concerns, please reach out to McKinley Health Center (217-333-2700).
- Dual medicine-therapy approach (therapists and psychiatrists freely communicate when they share a patient to best serve those needs)
- Limited to 15 therapy sessions but they can make exceptions
- Unlimited psychiatry
- Can do same day appointments, but it is preferred you call and schedule appointment (Please be advised that it could take a month to get in)
- Will do baseline assessment and refer directly to Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES), if needed
Long-term mental health concerns will be referred to DRES by McKinley, if needed.
- McKinley staff will make and email application to DRES
- DRES will reach out to make appointment
- Meet with specialist to help students with their personal needs
- Accommodation letters are given to student
- Free and unlimited therapy from Ph.D. level therapists